Charles Wright and Sons are able to offer a full delivered and spread service for agricultural gypsum.
Gypsum is a free flowing spreadable product rich in soluble Calcium 19% and Sulphur 22%.
Gypsum can be used for all agricultural, horticultural and amenity applications for soil treatment as a conditioner, a fertiliser and for correctional purposes.
Gypsum has many advantages for arable, potato and carrot cropping’s such as
- Adding calcium without raising the pH of the soil
- Correcting salt water damaged and water logged land
- Higher levels of Sulphur and Calcium for crops that have a high requirement.
- Calcium and Sulphur are in the most soluble form.
- For sandy soils that do not hold nutrients
- Helps improve the Calcium / Magnesium ratio
Typical Gypsum Analysis
Calcium – 22%
Magnesium - 0.2%
Sulphur - 19%
Other elements also available in smaller quantities in Gypsum are Boron, Iron, Manganese and Phosphorous.