History of Charles Wright & Sons
Charles Wright and Sons as a business has been trading since 1923 in various formats.
Originally Mr Charles Wright (Senior) started the business trading as a bakery buying flour from local flour mills to produce bread and deliver on one of the 14 bread vans we had at the time to the local area. The bread was also sold through a small shop in the village of Old Leake which was owned by the business.
In the 1950’s Charles Wright and Sons moved in a different direction. With Mr Charles Wright (Junior) now part of the business they began milling and trading animal feeds to the local area. We also built a grain drier with storage allowing us to take in grain from local farmers.
In the 1960’s the business began trading fertiliser within Lincolnshire In 1985 Richard Wright and Andrew Wright who both started in the business in the 1970’s decided to take a new direction and began the contracting side of the business.
Today all 3 sons William, Charles and George are involved within the business allowing the business to continue its development and grow to meet the requirements of their customers.